How many blogs do you currently monitor (Even after cutting down I am at 16 blogs)?
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
More is just more
Lately, my wife and I have been thinking that we are spending time on things that just aren't super important, for example, reading blogs. I enjoy reading blogs as much as anyone, but sometimes it is just something that keeps me from doing things I should be doing instead. Now, if I had my druthers I'd be reading blogs all the time and getting paid to do it, I think that'd be great. I am just thinking that I could cut down on some of the superfluous blogs that I'm currently reading, mostly the geeky stuff that I don't really need. I'm going to keep reading the blogs of friends and family, I just think I should cut down, because after all more is just more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, don't feel like you have to keep up with my blog. There is absolutely no pressure. In fact, if you want to bow out, just get 5 others to start reading it in your place and we can call it even.
Well, I follow about 3 or 4 blogs. So, yes, 16 and 27 are a bit much. There's no way I could keep up with that many. You could keep up with 14 if you checked 2 a day. Make out a schedule and stick to it...but that takes all of the fun out of it. Just keep checking mine! =) I only update about 2x a week. Josh, can I link your blog to mine?
Josh, if you and Kendra disabled the Google reader would you feel less compelled to check each new post?
Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to indicate that I felt pressured to read blogs. I read blogs because I enjoy reading them! I will not stop reading blogs from my friends, it's the extra ones that I'm cutting back on.
Josh
Honestly, having Google Reader probably saves us time because we don't have to go to the site to find out whether or not there is a new post from someone, it shows it right in the reader and saves us visiting all of those sites individually.
Josh
Post a Comment